Tuesday 10 May 2011

Black Prophecy Review (Kinda)


After several weeks of fighting with it, I finally decided to give you my review of Black Prophecy by Gamigo.  Videos, screenshots, and other reviews for this game made it look fairly entertaining.  I was excited to get to try their character creator which I was under the impression was remarkable.  However, here’s my Black Prophecy experience.

I logged into Gamigo’s site, made my account, and entered in my beta key.  I downloaded their beta client (which for some reason took forever) and began the install.  I believe it was about two days later before I actually got to log in.  Apparently my year old system did not meet the requirements to run said game.  I cried “BS” and re-installed the game several more times only to have the same outcome.  I then deleted the beta client and re-installed it, to no avail.  Finally in frustration, I took several days off to work on more fulfilling projects (“Free Gary”).  I went to re-download the beta client only to find that my account no longer works.  I had my password reset and new one sent to me, but the site will not recognize this new password that they generated.  Even though I never got to experience the game doesn’t mean that you will have the same issues I did, so here are some other reviews of the game from people who did get to play. 

MMO Reviews gave Black Prophecy 3.86 out of 5 stars.  There review can be accessed here: http://www.mmoreviews.com/black-prophecy/ 

Mike B showed off the character creator on the BFF Report along with some gameplay.

Outpost Gamez gave Black Prophecy a 7 out of 10.  Here's what they had to say: http://www.outpostgamez.com/outpostgamez/top-stories/656-opg-black-prophecy-review.html 

Here is a video from MMOReviews:


Hopefully my problem with Black Prophecy gets resolved so that I can give them a proper review (maybe when it goes live).  That will be it from me until Thursday.  Please feel free to leave comments or even a little something about your experience with Black Prophecy.  Don't forget to follow me on twitter @akadarcee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment