Wednesday 17 April 2013

Foreshadowing Part 2


I've been kicking this thought around in my head ever since Blizzcon 2011 and I've decided now is the time to share it with all of you.  If any of you had a chance to watch the opening ceremonies, whether in person or online, you probably recall the Mists of Pandaria announcement.  It was followed with a hint that the final raid would be a raid on Orgrimmar to take down Garrosh.  Here's the thing that has bothered me since then: Chris Metzen never actually said we were going to kill Garrosh.  He said we were going to lay siege to Orgrimmar and remove the mantle of warchief, but nothing was ever said about killing him.  

What could this mean?  All right, its "wild speculation" time.  A few weeks ago, I wrote an article on what I think the next expansion is going to be (you can read that here); however, I only covered the Alliance side.  What will the Horde be doing while we are reuniting with Alleria and Turalyon?  There are a few ways this could play out, so bare with me.  Everything will begin with the final raid of Mists of Pandaria.  

The fight itself, between us and Garrosh, will also involve Malkorok in some way.  For those who don't know, Malkorok is a blackrock orc who now acts as Garrosh's bodyguard and is the leader of the Korkron.  I don't know what route Blizzard would take on this, but here's how I see it.  I'm picturing this in his throne room, but I wouldn't doubt it happens elsewhere (mainly for lack of space).  We will storm in and in front of us will be Malkorok and Garrosh will be behind him.  The fight is us battling down Malkorok while Garrosh stays immune.  We get Malkorok down, he becomes immune (to recuperate) and Garrosh becomes "active."  We DPS a bit on Garrosh until Malkorok is back up to full, at which point Garrosh becomes immune again.  We will do this "back and forth dance" until Garrosh reaches a certain percentage.  I like the idea of 5%, so that's what I'm going with.  Malkorok then gets a burst of strength and tries to finish us off OR he calls in some of the Korkron to distract us.  I hate to break it to you all, but here's the point I'm finally going to get at: Garrosh escapes!!

Where's he going to go? The Korkron will still be loyal to him, so they will be his much needed ally throughout this ordeal.  He is going to head back home to Draenor, which puts the Horde back in the Outlands with the Alliance who are searching or have found Alleria and Turalyon.  

As for the new warchief, I'm going to give it to Lorthremar, and here is why.  I've already mentioned that the Alliance will be getting a new major city with Danath Trollbane retaking Stromgarde.  This means the Horde will also be obtaining a new major city.  Upon thinking it through, I love the idea of Vol'jin and the trolls building their own major city elsewhere.  Where?  I do not know yet, I like to think Hinterlands area so that it's right close to Arathi Highlands and Stromgarde.  Having the two cities so close together will help bring the open world PvP back to the game.  Putting aside the cities idea, Lorthremar has made some huge character progressions within the latest books and patches.  There is no way he will be going back to being the leader no one has heard of.  Who do you think should be the next warchief?  Debate it out in the comments below.

All right, let's go back over to Garrosh hiding out in the Outlands.  I saw an amazing post on the forums, I cannot find it anymore so I cannot credit you (sorry), that talked about a theory on what is "driving" Garrosh.  If anyone knows their lore, you may recall that Garrosh's father Grom helped free the orcs from the demon blood by slaying Mannoroth the Destructor.  Garrosh was never comfortable with being the "son of Grom Hellscream who accomplished so much."  I believe it was in the book "The Shattering" where Thrall pulled Garrosh aside and had to explain to him that, "yes your dad was great and amazing and did all these wonderful things for the orcs, but now is your time to do the same."  As a tribute to his father, Garrosh turned the bones of Mannoroth into a set of shoulders that he wears.  It is these bones that are fuelling his anger and driving him to war with the world, whether through whispers or whatever.  The skull of Gul'din did similar things to Ner'zhul and Illidan.  We need to defeat Garrosh before he tries to summon the Burning Legion, can we do it?

That's it for me, if you have any questions or comments please leave them below.  If you want to stay updated on what I'm doing and when I'm posting things then you should follow me on twitter @akadarcee and on facebook.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment